Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More studies


 Working in Photoshop I can quickly create simple color roughs.
This is the drawing in my sketchbook of the painting from the earlier post.  The sketchbook is 11x14.

Here the sky is blocked in. My studio is downstairs and the computer is upstairs so I can't look at the digital color roughs while I paint the sketch. Sometimes I print the digital images, and sometimes I run up and down the stairs.  Yeh, I know how it sounds, but I've found that thinking the color relationships thru a 2nd time without being able to copy the digital has advantages.

Finished sketch book color comp.

Main photo reference.

Under painting on the final.  Here I'm using burnt sienna acrylic, sealed with a layer of acrylic matte medium.  You can see some of the pencil drawing showing thru the paint.

A couple of details of the finish.

The final. 12x20.  Your welcome to add comments under each post.








No comments:

Post a Comment